Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

A very happy, properous and healthy New Year to all my blog readers!! Thanks for reading simce I haven't been writing many blog posts. I will try to keep up this year. Not a resolution, but will try to do it. :)
Got some great news yesterday, that my ceramic shoes and clutch bag were selected for Nordstrom's exhibition in Seattle downtown March 1st-31st 2012. So if you are at NCECA in Seattle, make sure to drop by the Nordstrom's display window. These are inspired by Indian footwear called "Mojari" or "Jutti". And I just had to make a clutch bag to match the pair. 



A BIG THANKS to my wife for letting me rip off her wedding shoes to figure out how to make these in clay.




The shoes were built from slabs and decorated with colored slips and underglazes. Check out the details below.

5 comments:

Katarina Bobic said...

Absolutely beautiful!!:)

Reshma at masalamangomantra.blogspot.com said...

Happy New year to you as well! Those are beautiful shoes!

annie said...

Beautiful shoes! You are such an inspiration. Love the colors.

Cynthia said...

Fantastic!

ivy said...

Nice Shoes!Nice sharing,this is really informative,nice history. Really impressive.Thanks
Rc Helicopter Mini Rc Helicopter Rc Helicopters
2

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...