Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Learning never ends


There is so much there in this world to learn and I feel there just isn't enough time. I for one am always hungry to lean new techniques, bring in a fresh look in my work.

There is a new technique I am trying to make highly decorative carved pieces which I learnt from Ginger Steele. She has been very helpful and patient in developing this technique. I am still in the phases of learning and testing my glazes and combining my decoration techniques with newly learnt techniques.

As always I love testing and can get carried away. :) Here are some test tiles still in the stages and they will get another layer of glaze over them. I love the way they look already and can't wait to have them glazed. And then to actually make some work with this technique.

3 comments:

LaPellaPottery said...

Wow! You are the man!

Cynthia said...

These are very cool!! I can see the link between your work and Ginger's - different but equally complex in decoration.

I always prefer the experimentation over production.

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

Wow! Charan, this is wonderful! Can't wait to see where these new techniques will start appearing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...