Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Techniques in action


A while back I had shared my technique of making a slip decorating tool which was featured on Ceramics Arts Daily. Thank you all for writing back and commenting on my technique and giving it a try.
I follow the blog of Grace Sheese who does beautiful work with slip trailing. I have shared her work on my blog before and she too had said such wonderful things about my slip decoration technique. In one of her recent blogs she showed the stages of her pots as they reached completion. I was thrilled to see the mylar cones in the background that she was using for decoration. She adapted well to the cones and says that are a lot better on her hands than using bottles. Considering that as a testiment... I encourage other slip decorating potters to use the cones for decoration.

3 comments:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

This looks amazing! I hope my blog feature will bring more visitors to have a peek at this as well!

Linda Starr said...

Wow, I must have missed that article. I will have to check out your slip tool, what beautiful work you do.

Maryann said...

Amazing pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...