Monday, June 13, 2011

New techniques and New work

I am so excited about this new way I am decorating my work. Of course it is a lot more intricate and lot more time consuming and I wish I had warned myself what I was getting into. :)



I am liking the slip decoration in black and then filing in all the colors. I feel like a kid again, painting in my coloring book with my mom asking me to stay within the lines.


As you can see the designs are a lot more intricate and detailed. Very inspired from henna tattoos. I like the tightness of the designs and how I can give it multiple colors in the small tight spaces. Takes me forever to decorate these. I will probably use this technique on my larger high end pieces like my platters and dancing divas. See pictures of some finished work below.






I will have all the new work at the upcoming Edmonds Arts Festival (June 17th-19th)

5 comments:

Lindush Von Bergerac said...

I have read ,,quit your job" on etsy and I have to say I am very motivated from what I have read about you. I´m working in IT field (IBM) and during nights I´m always following the white rabbit in order to make my art and get prepared for my business. Your story have been very inspiring for me. Thank you very much. I guess I should do it too! And also I have to say I love your clay art! Just stuning! Lot of creativity and love. Linda
www.opheliaslullaby.blogspot.com

Charan Sachar said...

Thank you for your note Linda. Wish you the very best.

Felicia Kramer said...

This new work is stunningly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I agree! So, so beautiful. I especially like it with the white backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fabulous designs! I came across a product of yours on a design blog and have been looking through your blog and etsy store! love everything but these henna designs on pottery are my personal favorite! so unique!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...