Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemade Pizza

As many of you know, along with my interests in pottery, I like to cook too. I haven't been getting much time to do it, but it does relax me. So I decided to start blogging about it on a regular basis with simple everday cooking. I am sure my wife will love it that I am at least getting in the kitchen more. :) Share recipes/thoughts/ideas, etc.. Talking about recipes, I rarely follow one, but I will provide links and ingredient lists.

For today we have the Homemade Pizza. We have all at some point or the other tried this. I usually like different topping than normal. It is mostly what is there in the fridge/pantry.


These are some of my favorite toppings artichokes, onion, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, broccoli, mushrooms and walnuts. And sauce of my choice is pesto sauce which is zinged with some cilantro and green chillies


I used store bought all wheat pizza dough. A little hard to stretch but some dry flour really helps. Layed it on a perforated pizza dish (My brother told me about this) and just have fun with it. Topped with mozzarella cheese of course.

Into a 425F oven for 20 minutes and enjoy.

What are your favorite toppings? Do comment and share your tips on making a good homemade pizza.

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I make pizza at least once a week! I use a pizza stone and make dough from scratch (very easy). A favorite topping is italian sausage but I also like sundried tomatoes, black olives & artichokes. Once in awhile a white pizza with lots of garlic, fresh basil and shrimp.

Love your work and enjoy seeing what you post on FB.

Charan Sachar said...

Sounds delicious. Can you share your quick pizza dough recipe? I have looked in books and my dough never rises well. Too cold in WA year round. It rises well, if I place it my studio when the kiln is running. When I think of all that compared to a $1.25 for ready pizza dough from the local bakery, I take the easy way. :)

Michèle Hastings said...

2 cups of bread flour
1 cup of warm water
.25 oz of yeast (1 packet)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar

Add yeast to warm water and while it dissolves mix the salt and sugar with the flour. Add the olive oil to the water and yeast mixture, stir and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir to mix until a stiff dough forms.
Cover with a towel and let rise until double (about 30 minutes). If it over rises your crust will be tough.
I roll it out on a pizza peel using a mix of cornmeal and flour.
For years I bought dough too, because when it comes to cooking I can be pretty lazy!
Living in the south, keeping the dough warm isn't a problem. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...